Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Guardian Angel


photo from the movie "Sweet Grass"

Last year, I was going through a difficult time.  I had started doing Kundalini meditation to help me out of my dark place.  During my meditation, I started noticing that I felt a presence next to me on my left side.  For the next few days, every day when I meditated I could feel it.  One day the feeling was so strong I put my hands out to see if I could feel someone put their hands in mine.  I didn't feel anything but I knew someone was there.  I started getting little bits of inspiration on who was sitting next to me.  I knew it was a male.  I knew he was related to me and I knew that his smell was of wet wool.  I prayed and asked who this person was and I didn't get an answer for quite a while.  One day after my mediation, I felt strongly that I needed to look at my family  tree and that he would tell me who he was.  I sat down at the computer, pulled it up and started scanning it.  I was expecting an audible answer so I was listening very intently but that is not how my answer came.  My answer came as I slowly went past a name and the name seemed to jump off the page at me.  It was like my angel was pointing his name out to me.  I was overwhelmed with emotion when I saw his name.  The spirit confirmed to me that he was the one angel that was to my left.  Luckily for me, my grandma knew him while he was on this side of the veil.  I called her and listened to her tell me stories.  As she continued to tell the stories I knew were the smell came from he was a sheepherder.

1 comment: