Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Cokeville Miracle



About a year ago, I had someone ask my what was my earliest angel memory.  I was able to recall many more through prayer and asking them to be brought back to my memory but one I could not figure out.
I was six or seven years old and I was at a Stake Center with four classes of my same age primary class.  A lady from my home ward got up to teach the music to a room filled of kids and told a remarkable story about how all of these children prayed and were protected by angels in a bomb.  I remember sitting there and as we sang "Armies of Helaman"  I knew and could feel my own angels near me.  It was my first confirmation from the Spirit of angels.
I have thought about that story for years but I never heard anything else about it and as I replayed it in my mind I could not figure out what I was doing at the Stake Center with that many kids in primary and I thought the bomb took place in a church because most of the students were LDS.
A few weeks ago, after praying for more information about this experience I received the Deseret News pamphlet in the mail.  I came across the Cokeville Miracle in the movie section and thought I have no idea what that is.  I looked it up and lo and behold it was the story I had heard when I was seven years old!
I called my mom and told her about it.  She had never heard of the incident before but I told her where I was and she told me for a few years when I was younger during Stake Conference they used to take 6-8 year olds in for primary during the session.
The next remarkable piece was that I was headed back to the West coast a few days after the movie opened since it wasn't going to be in movie theaters on the East coast.  I do not think this was coincidence.
As I sat and watched this movie I was overcome with emotion.  I cried and cried.  I know that is was not an easy day for any of the survivors to endure but the message was loud and clear and each of those children had their own angels with them that day protecting them and most of them were able to later identify them as their own ancestors.
It is a beautiful miracle!  If you get the chance please go and see it and be reminded we are never alone.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to read your review on this movie! I live in Arizona, so if I don't wait too long I can see it in a nearby theater. I check your blog once in awhile for new posts, but there hadn't been any for awhile. Imagine my delight to see FIVE new posts! I enjoy them so much... please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched it recently as a family. I think it's on Netflix now! Great movie!

    ReplyDelete