Friday, July 18, 2014

Blessing on Plane

As
 President and Sister Lee were sitting in the airplane, homeward bound, President Lee received a
 blessing from an unseen person. He related:
As we approached a certain point en
 route, someone laid his hand upon my head. I looked up; I could see no one. That happened again
 before we arrived home, again with the same experience. Who it was, by what means or what medium, I
 may never know, except I knew that I was receiving a blessing that I came a few hours later to know
 I needed most desperately.
. . . Shortly [after we arrived home], there came
 massive hemorrhages which, had they occurred while we were in flight, I wouldn’t be here today
 talking about it.
I know that there are powers divine that reach out when all other
 help is not available. . . . Yes, I know that there are such
 powers.8
The unseen person who gave President Lee a blessing
 demonstrated extraordinary powers: he remained invisible, he knew where to find President Lee, he
 knew of President Lee’s physical condition and of his need for a blessing, and he blessed the
 prophet with priesthood power. Additionally, it is my opinion that this unseen person did not board
 the plane as did other passengers, obtaining a passport, ticket, and boarding pass; showing his
 photo ID; dealing with airport security; and so forth. It is entirely possible, knowing of the vast
 power of angels, that this unseen person entered the plane through miraculous means. Such is the way
 of heavenly beings.http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=2059

No comments:

Post a Comment